Sunday 17 August 2008

San Francisco - The finale

On the last day in San Francisco we visited SF MOMA. There was some amazing photography by a guy called Peter Wenger which I loved. There was also an exhibition of Lee Millers photography which was quite emotional. She was the official war photographer for Vogue and some of the pictures were very moving. There was one of her in Hitlers bathtub. I also got to see the Frida Kahlo exhibition and of course the roof terrace which had a great view of the city as well as a really cool Dinosaur sculpture.



After a coffee, we headed over to Yerba Beuna park and then onto City Hall. There were a couple of weddings going on inside and lots of photography going on. It was a perfect setting I think to tie the knot. The location was very picturesque. There was a newly married couple outside of City Hall with their kids and I took a picture for them on the famous steps.



We headed back to the hotel and waited for Tracy to come pick us up. It was the only time we had by the pool. We dipped our feet in and a lovely man gave us some chocolate cup cakes which were gorgeous. Everyone we met at the Phoenix was really friendly.




We picked up our luggage from the guy on reception and as I was about to pick up my bag I just heard 'Claaaree'! And there was Tracy with her pooches looking fab as usual. We left the city that afternoon and headed over to Burlingame to spend some time with the Ismerts. I was really excited about seeing them.

No comments: