Sunday 17 August 2008

Burlingame - Home to the Ismerts

Ismert Abode
We arrived in Burlingame late afternoon on that last Friday and the Ismerts cooked us up a great dinner.



Pete made some margaritas and we had a good laugh catching up. We dropped Jen off at the airport as she left us for Costa Rica and more adventures.

I ended up staying for a few more days in Burlingame and had a great time. Tracy and I walked around Burlingame on the Saturday. We passed a garage sale with some interesting sofas. One was 9ft long. The guy wanted $50 for it so long as I paid the delivery.



I picked up some gifts from a cute little shop called Therapy. We also ran into a few of her neighbours. Goldie, who was a part time dog sitter and she drove the stars to and from the airport. She wasn't too fond of Jude Law, but said George Clooney and Brad Pitt were lovely. We also ran into Danny and Debbie, a lovely couple with 4 cute kids. Debbie had the funniest laugh and Danny gave us 2 bottles of his home made wine which was very generous. They were really sweet.

That evening we had a bbq and their friends Duncan and Mark came over. I had the best giggle. They were great company - very entertaining. Duncan had some great stories and I learned a few new catchphrases.

On Sunday morning we went to a flea market where I picked up a gorgeous cherry brooch for the bargain price of $10. Then we picked up some food at the farmers market in Burlingame for dinner that evening. We spent the rest of the afternoon sunbathing in the garden which was my last chance to soak up the California sunshine. It was scorching hot and the pool was great for cooling off.



Pete and I took a bike ride early evening to pick up some ice cream for dessert. Then it was another great meal and lots of margaritas and great conversation.

Pete dropped me off at the airport on the Monday morning before work and I began the long trek home. I was so sad it was all over. It was the holiday of a lifetime. I cant wait for my next adventure.


No comments: