Friday 15 August 2008

Lost in LA



We ventured further afield into LA the next day. The bus ride to the Getty Centre was epic - maybe we shoulda hired the car as soon as we got to LA. I had no idea it was such an enormous city. We spent most of the day jumping on and off the wrong bus, heading in the wrong direction to where we wanted to be. We made it to Melrose Avenue, but it was the wrong end, it was spookily deserted. Reminded me of a quiet afternoon walk I took in Harlem on one trip to New York. It wasn't the safest I have ever felt in my life. The bus drivers were really friendly though and helped us out loads. Plus the sun was shining so I wasnt too worried about getting lost in LA.




It was a relief when we reached familiar surroundings back in Santa Monica. We spent our last evening in beautiful Santa Monica on 3rd street, shopping, dining and supping margaritas, just what we needed after the LA hike.


LA Gallery
http://flickr.com/photos/clarencecoconut/sets/72157606228542483/

No comments: