Thursday 7 August 2008

Lions, tigers and bears OH MY!

Yosemite!

The most exciting, rewarding, adventurous experience of my life!

We set off from Curry Village early morning and took the bus to Happy Isles where we hiked the John Muir trail via the mist walk which was beautiful.

Vernal Fall was the first stop. Rainbows were shooting out of the fall hitting the mountain side. The steps were very steep and wet from the spray, we were showered by the time we reached the top. I was grateful for the handrail for the last stretch. I was knackered!!!


The rest of the hike was pretty intense and I didn't think I was gonna be able to reach the top. But it was totally worth it in the end when we reached Nevada Fall because the view was breathtaking. Half Dome looked superimposed within the other mountains.



Bears were lurking around ever corner. The advice we got from our tour leader was not to run and hide but stay and fight. Punch as hard as we could!!! Can you imagine? I woulda been leggin it.

Yosemite gallery
http://www.flickr.com/photos/clarencecoconut/sets/72157606224484918/

No comments: