Friday 8 August 2008

Lake Havasu

Temperatures of 117 degrees can make the mind go a little crazy, but it was the real London Bridge I saw in the middle of the Arizona desert stretching across Lake Havasu. The guy who bought it thought he was getting what we know as Tower Bridge.



The plan was to stay indoors til it got a little cooler then we headed down to the lake. Once we were at the lake we all hustled into our cozzies and jumped in the water. I coulda stayed there all night. I was sent, as my nan used to say. It was paradise. Second only to the warm Caribbean Ocean.



That night we had a lovely meal of spiced sausage and shrimp cooked by the amazing Linda - the girl who could do anything, she was like superwoman. It was so warm that we slept outside under the stars.

Noisey birds woke me up at dawn but no one else was moving. I watched the sunrise alone sitting by the lake, it was idyllic. I didn't want to leave.



Lake Havasu Gallery
http://www.flickr.com/photos/clarencecoconut/sets/72157606234592873/

No comments: